- The festival is open to public utilities and other public companies dealing with water and waste management.
- The content of the material must be intended for education, information and awareness of the population about the importance of protection of (drinking) water, its rational use, wastewater treatment, collection of edible oil and the like.
- The materials were prepared or. activities carried out in 2018-2020.
- The materials must be the copyright of a municipal or other public company or have acquired rights to use the materials for their own purposes.
- Materials must be sent in electronic form to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 14th 2020
- Each utility and other organization can participate with a maximum of three materials.
Materials classified in the following four categories can participate in the festival (each of the categories will be evaluated separately):
1 Printed material (brochures, picture books, workbooks, leaflets ).
2.Video material (animated film, video, video game ).
3.Phone or computer application, educational web page
4.Theatrical performance, mascot and the similar.
Each material must be accompanied by the following information (application form):
– name and address of the applicant,
– title or naming of materials,
– category to which you are submitting material (1-4),
– short presentation of the material (up to 2000 characters with spaces).
Materials have to be sent by September 14th , 2020, in accordance with the Call propositions.
Only materials related with the Call propositions can participate in the festival. Materials that do not related with the Call propositions or arrive too late will be excluded from the evaluation. Materials participating in the festival may not contain copyrighted materials (texts, photographs, music), unless you have acquired the necessary rights from the authors.
-the material is related with the Call propositions (YES / NO); in the case of NO, the material is excluded from further evaluation;
-the material engagement (clear message, addresses the target audience…; up to 15 points);
-quality of material (linguistic correctness, design, technical workmanship, aesthetic appearance…; up to 15 points),
-content design (professional correctness, didactic value…; up to 25 points),
-originality of the idea (innovativeness of the idea and realization…; up to 20 points),
– target group (youth 6 points, general public 10 points),
-Involvement of educational institutions (kindergartens, schools,…; up to 15 points).
Maximum number of possible points 100.
The evaluation will take place separately for all four tendered categories. The best two materials from each category will be publicly presented at the International Festival WEP EFFECT 2020 on Friday, September 25th, 2020 at the Cultural Center in Rogaška Slatina. Depending on the situation with COVID-19, the organizer of the Festival, the Water Agency Association, reserves the right to conduct the festival in part or in full remotely via videoconference/hybrid, of which it will inform all participants in a timely manner. An award would be given in each category and the main prize of the Festival WEP EFFECT 2020. The results of the selection of materials will be published on September 18th 2020 on the website of the Water Agency Association https://www.vodnaagencija.org/en/wep-effect-2020/ , applicants for the winning materials will be notified by e-mail.
Memebers of evaluation jury:
Prof.PhD Jožef Lipnik, Rogaška Slatina, Slovenia
Prof. PhD Samuel Appelbaum, Ben-Hurion University, Israel
Prof. Phd Mihael J. Toman, Biotechnical faculty, Univesity Ljubljana, Slovenia
Phd. Tatjana Kikec, Water agency Assoiation, Rogaška Slatina, Slovenia
Aleksandar Krstić, Utility benchmarking coordinator IAWD, Vienna, Austria
Borut Tavčar,journalist, Magazin DELO, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Submission of materials
Send the materials in electronic form no later than September 14th, 2020 to the e-mail address email@example.com If the file exceeds the size of 15 MB, upload it to the server and send the web address of its location by e-mail. Materials in physical form must be photographed and photos sent, at the same time send materials in physical form by the specified date to the address Društvo vodna agencija, Sv. Florijan 56A, 3250 Rogaška Slatina.
By participating in the public festival, the applicants agree to the public announcement of the name of the applicant and the naming of the material.
– deadline for submission of materials: September 8th 2020,
– publication of results: September 18th 2020,
– notice to applicants of selected materials about the presentation at the Festival, 25 September 2020: September 18th 2020,
– WEP EFFECT 2020 Festival, presentation of selected materials and awarding of prizes to the applicants of the winning materials: September 25th 2020.
Fee for participation is 49 eur, payment deadline is September 14th 2020 on :
Društvo vodna agencija, Sveti Florijan 56a, Rogaška Slatina
Account number SI56 6100 0001 3477 236
Delavska hranilnica a.d. Ljubljana
Additional information and payment invoice for the Festival can be obtained at firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Florijan, August 26th 2020