PROGRAM of the 5th INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE
»WATER FOR TOMORROW«
Friday, October 11th 2019
Rogaška Slatina – Rijeka – Karlovac – Rogaška Slatina
6.30–7.00 Arrival of participants and registration, Hotel Slovenija, Rogaška Slatina
7.00 Departure with an organized bus towards Croatia; pause and breakfast packs at the motorway stop
10.00 Arrival in the drinking water reservoir Zvir in Rijeka, Croatia
10.00–10.15 Welcome speeches
– mag. Andrej Marochini, general manager, KD Waterworks and sewage Rijeka, Croatia
– mag. Korana Ambrozić, Wastewater treatment plant, Waterworks Slavonski Brod, Croatia
Main theme: Water management – projects, problems and solutions
10.15–12.00 Lectures and presentations
– mag. Andrej Marochini: Presentation of the EU project – Improvement of the quality of the water supply and sewage network of the agglomeration Rijeka, KD Waterworks and sewage Rijeka, Croatia
– Wastewater treatment company, Zagreb, Croatia
– Maja Božić & Kristijan Kolaković: First Karlovac waterpipe system Borlin, Water supply and sewerage ltd., Karlovac, Croatia
– Water supply and sewerage ltd., Sarajevo, BiH
– Marina Marčetić: Water supply and wastewater treatment in Novi Sad, PU Water supply and sewage system , Novi Sad, Serbia
-Valeria Toth Godo, European grouping of territorial cooperation, KARPATNET4WATER, Waterworks Szeged, Hungary
– Jože Leskovar, KOSTAK – presentation of activities in GJS, Kostak d.d. Krško, Slovenia
12.00–12.30 Pause and refreshment
12.30 Visit the Zvir, a spring and a drinking water reservoir in Rijeka
The spring has been in use since 1894, since the old part of the river, nine years after Šušak, got a public water supply system. Water source The source represents about 80% of the total available quantity of drinking water for all sources in the management of the Water and Sewerage Ltd. d.o.o. The river also draws water in the months when the spring of the river Rječina flows through. The history of the use of water from the source Zvir is most likely in ancient times when water was used for the needs of the Roman Tarsatica.
13.00 Departure from Rijeka
14.30 Arriving in Aquatik – freshwater aquarium Karlovac, Croatia
14.30–14.45 Welcome speeches
– mag. Margarita Marušić Kulaš, general manager Aquatik, Karlovac, Croatia
– Majda Adlešić, program manager Water agency Association, Slovenia
The main topic: The threat to the quality of drinking water, the recycling of waste water and its reuse
– Peter Bunjak: Urban rain treatment, Rain for Climate, Slovakia
– Tine Meyer: Wastewater treatment problems in wider region, Join for Water, Belgium
-PhD. Katarina Cetinić & Ivana Kordić, Zlarin – island without plastic, Initiative Zlarin without plastic, Croatia
– PhD. Samuel Applebaum: “Water Resources in the Israeli Negev Desert and their Use”, Ben Gurion University, Israel
– Ondrej Vavrečka: Water treatment and refining. Tieto Czech s.r.o. Ostrava, Czech republic
– Darija Šajin: Strengthening the resistance of the local community to natural disasters in Novi Sad, Arhus centar Novi Sad, Serbia
– Daniela Stojković: Central Waste Water Treatment Plant (CWWTP) in Vrbas, NGO World & Danube, Novi Sad, Serbia
16.00–16.15 Pause and refreshment
16.15–18.00 Visiting Aqautika and Central Waste water treatment plant Karlovac
The city of Karlovac is the place of four rivers – Kupa, Korana, Mrežnica and Dobra – the right location for the presentation of the natural wealth of fresh water. The idea of building an aquarium in Karlovac is based on the desire to create this natural and cultural richness with an emphasis on water, into a recognizable attraction. The European Union has perceived the potential of the idea and supported the project; Of the total of 144 applications received, the project was among the 15 selected ones.
The waste water treatment plant of the towns of Karlovac and Duga Resa was built in the framework of the ISPA project, the first communal project in the Republic of Croatia, co-financed with the pre-accession funds of the European Union. The complex consists of three stages of wastewater treatment and started operations on May 30, 2011.
18.00 Departure from Karlovac
19.30 Arriving to Rogaška Slatina, dinner
Saturday, October 12th 2019
Rogaška Slatina – Ana’s Maison
8.00–8.30 Arrival of participants and registration
8.30–8.40 Welcome speeches
– mag. Branko Kidrič, Mayor of Municipality Rogaška Slatina
– Jože Cvetko, President of Water agency Association, Slovenia
8.40–8.50 Music program, Pegazove muze, a group of musical girls with artistic director Kaja Bicskey
Main topic: Water as theme in the dducational process
– PhD. Mitja Bricelj, Ministry of the Environment and Spatial Planning of the Republic of Slovenia
– Phd. Ana Vovk Korže: Plastic in water, Faculty of Philosophy, University of Maribor, Slovenia
– PhD. Tatjana Kikec: Project Water agents of Podravje,Maribor, Water agency Association, Slovenia
Certificat for special wastewater treatment device will be given to Mrs. Dubravka Rebernak, representative of company Henkel which supported the project Water agents of Podravje.
– Aniko Horvat and Erika Sule: Handbook of project Wat.Edu, PS Košut Lajoš, Hungary
– Mag. Karin Kaiblinger: WATERSCHOOL – European Online Platform for Pedagogues, Water supplier and Municipalities. Presentation of first results of an Erasmus+ project, gutessen consulting, Austria
– Aleksandra Dejanović: Project Magic of water PU Water supply and sewage company, Novi Sad, Serbia
-Mag.Rosemarie Zehetgruber:Water in secundary schools – How to inspire teens for water drinking. Project in 50 secondary schools in Vienna, gutessen consulting, Austria
– Nina Stanimirov Veriš, Introduce and preserve the waters of Slovenia, natural and cultural wealth, Slovenian society Kredarica, Novi Sad, Serbia
10.30–11.00 Pause and refreshment
– Mojca Birsa: Is it important how much water I use? Water agents of 3rd class PS Borcev za severno mejo, Maribor, Slovenia
-Vesna Trampuš: Water – learning for living, 3rd and 4th grade Primary school, PS France Prešern, Maribor, Slovenia
– Lidija Šešerko: Exploring water resources in and around Žetale, PS Žetale, Slovenia
– Alida Domijan & Bojana Bastašić: Water agents of Rijeka, KD Wateworks and sewage company Rijeka in PS Brajda, Rijeka, Croatia
– Sanja Mojić & Sladjana Radulović: Water agents of Novi Sad, PS Žarko Zrenjanin, Novi Sad, Serbia
– Ištvan Soos: Water agents of Subotica, PS Ištvan Kizur, Subotica, Serbia
– Hana Červenkova: Water agent in Primary school Belsky Les, Ostrava, Czech Republic
– Valerija Krivec: Water – a gift of nature, Žetale PS Žetale, Slovenia
–Renata More: “Water for tomorrow?” Urgent today, please! ”, Primary School Sostro, Slovenia
12.30–13.00 Discussion: the role of schools in providing water for tomorrow
13.00–14.00 Lunch break
14.00–16.00 Practical presentations on the topic of water
– Jože Cvetko: Water station, Water agency Association , Rogaška Slatina, Slovenia
– Dominika Slokar De Lorenci: Learning experiments on topic water, PS Sostro, Slovenia
– Anica Butkovič: The first Water way in Slovenia, Pišeče, Slovenia
– Jože Papež: Flooding models, Hidrotehnik Ljubljana, Slovenia
– Robert Gajšek: Drops, PS Šentjur, Slovenia
– Majo Balko: VermiGo – Urban oasis, Budapest , Hungary
– PhD. Nejc Bezak, Klaudija Sapač, PhD. Mojca Šraj and PhD. Katarina Zabret: Water-related workshops, Faculty of Civil Engineering and Geodesy, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
16.00–16.45 Installation of the high water mark in cooperation with the Municipality of Rogaška Slatina and I. PS Rogaška Slatina, city center of Rogaška Slatina
16.45–17.00 The conclusion of the international conference Water for Tomorrow
During the duration of the conference, the materials of the Water Agent and the Introduce and preserve the waters of Slovenia, our natural and cultural wealth , will be displayed at the Ana’s Maison.
|July 12th 2019||Invitation on conference|
|July 12th – September 30th 2019||Registration on conference|
|July 31st 2019||Reporting of papers (title and abstract)|
|August 10th 2019||Notice to the authors of the received papers|
|August 30th 2019||Deadline for submitting a papers|
|September 30th 2019||Deadline for paying the registration fee|
|October 5th 2019||Send a ppt presentation or poster|
|October 11th & 12th 2019||International conference Water for tomorrow|
To apply for the conference, fill in the application form on the website https://www.vodnaagencija.org/en/konference
You will receive a confirmation of successful registration for the conference in person, by e-mail.
For any questions, please contact us at e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for the conference participants is September 30th 2019.
The official languages of the conference are: Slovenian, English, Croatian and Serbian
The fee for participation in the conference on both days (Friday and Saturday) is 90 EUR.
Registration fee for one day conference (Friday or Saturday) is 55 EUR.
Registration fee within two overnight stays at the Hotel Slovenia is 180 EUR.
Registration fee within three overnight stays at the Hotel Slovenia is 230 EUR.
The fee is paid by lecturers and participants. Participation for employees in education is free of charge, only pay the cost of overnight stays in case of staying.
Registration fee includes: conference material, Procedings of conference papers, conference certificate (certificates can be submitted for promotions in titles), refreshments (water, juice, coffee, tea), lunches (two / three days) and dinners / three days).
Checkout and replacement of participants. Cancellations are accepted up to two days before the start (48 hours) of the conference. We will charge a fee for all those who will be logged in and will not attend the conference (will not sign out). If you can not attend the conference, you can notify the name of the alternate participant who will participate in the conference.
Organizing committee of the conference:
PhD. Tatjana Kikec, Water agency
Majda Adlešić,Water agency
Jože Cvetko, Water agency
Andrej Marochini, KD Vodovod in kanalizacija Rijeka
Alida Domijan, KD Vodovod in kanalizacija Rijeka
mag. Margarita Maruškić Kulaš, Aqautika, Karlovac
Maja Božić, Vodovod in kanalizacija Karlovac
mag. Danijel Gospić, G2O, Šmarje ob Jelšah
mag. Korana Ambrozić, Vodovod Slavonski Brod
Vladimira Dorčova Valtnerova, VDV media
PhD. Tatjana Kikec
mag. Aljaž Čoh
mag. Korana Ambrozić
mag. Danijel Gospić
Water agency Association
Partners and sponsors:
KD Vodovod i kanalizacija, Rijeka
Aquatika – slatkovodni akvarij Karlovac
Kostak d. d. Krško
Ribogojstvo Gospić d.o.o.